Tiramisu is a popular coffee-flavored Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers (Italian: Savoiardi) dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa. It is a lovely and light dessert that is easy to make and superb in taste….
4 Medium size cold eggs
1/2 cup castor sugar (1tbsp for coffee)
1cup strong coffee (300ml)
500g mascarpone cheese, softened
400g ladyfingers (2 packet))
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa for dusting
1. Prepare a cup of strong coffee and add in one tablespoon of sugar from the recipe. Stir till sugar dissolves.
2. Now separate 4eggs and add in the remaining sugar into 4egg yolks. Beat till it is thick and pale in color. Then add in the softened mascarpone cheese into the egg yolk mixture and beat until silky smooth.
3. Beat 4 egg whites until soft peaks form and add about ¼ of egg whites into the mascarpone mixture and beat until combined. Then pour all of mascarpone mixture into egg whites. Gently fold until homogenous.
4. Transfer the sweetened strong coffee into a shallow dish and deep a ladyfinger in coffee, 1/3-1/2 is wet. Arrange it on the bottom with the wet side down. Continue dipping the ladyfinger till the bottom layer is done. Top with mascarpone cream, depending on the size of your container and flatten a little. Dust with unsweetened cocoa powder and repeat layers. Lastly dust with cocoa powder.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.