Radish and carrot stewed ribs
Today I’m going to cook the stew ribs in a pressure cooker. It will save me a lot of time than the stove. Taste wise, stove cook is much richer and taster. Below is the recipe for both. Hope you will enjoy it.
* 600g Pork Ribs
* 1 Carrot, skinned and cut into chunks
* 1 Radish, skinned and cut into chunks
* 1 small Onion, cut into chunks
* 3 clove Garlic without skin
* 300ml Water( or 3/4 submerge)
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1 -2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine ( if u r using good wine, 1 will do)
* 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
* 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
* 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar ( optional, can add in if not sweet enough)
1. Blanch ribs and set aside.
2. Heat a tablespoon of oil.
3. Stir fry garlic and onion till fragrant.
4. Add in the vegetables and rib.
5. Stir fry for a minute before adding the seasoning.
6. Add in water and bring to a boil for stove cooking. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cooking for 2 hours or till the ribs and radish are tender.Add more hot water if the sauce are drying but ribs & radish are not tender enough.
Pressure cooker wise add in the water and press stew function. It will cook for (20mins) and just leave it in the pot for half an hour before opening.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Dish out and garnish with spring onions .
8. It goes well with a bowl of steaming hot rice. Enjoy….