* 3 cups of Rice
* 500ml water
Seasoning for Rice
* 2 cloves garlic – peeled, washed, chopped
*4 shallots- sliced and fried
* 1 tbsp light soy sauce
* 1 tsp dark soy sauce
* 1 tbsp oyster sauce
Ingredient B – (Long Bean Mixture)
* 3 tbsp oil
*2 garlic- chopped
* 3 slices of ginger – Julienned
* 3 tbsp dried shrimps – Washed, soaked till soft, drained.
* 1 pair Chinese sausage- Washed with hot water, drained, remove skin, sliced.
* 10 long beans – washed, cut into 1 inch length.
Seasoning for Long Bean Mixture
* 1 tbsp Shao-Xing Wine (Chinese cooking wine)
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
* a dash of pepper
* a dash of sesame oil
Ingredient C – (Roasted Pork)
* 1 tbsp oil
* 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
* 200g Roasted Pork – cut into bite size
Seasoning for Roasted Pork
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
1. ROASTED PORK – Heat the wok add a tbsp of oil. When it is hot add chopped garlic and fry till fragrance. Next add in roasted pork, give it a quick toss, the pork will release some oil during stir frying. And the oil is what we need to make the rice fragrant. Then add sugar & soy sauce, fry till the pork looks brownish and caramelized. Turn off heat and dish out.
2. LONG BEAN MIXTURE – Heat 2 tbsp of oil in wok, fry garlic till golden brown, add ginger and fry till fragrant. Add in the rest of the ingredients – Chinese sausages, dried prawns, long bean. Add Shao-Xing wine, give it a quick toss. Add in seasoning ; salt,sugar, pepper and sesame oil. Turn off heat, dish out and set aside. You don’t need to thoroughly cook this. What you need is just kinda combine all of them and make sure that they are evenly coated with flavors .
3. RICE – Rinse and add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, 500ml of water and fried shallots into the rice.Switch on and cook for about 20-30minutes. When the water almost dried up, add in fried long beans mixture, and roasted pork.
4. Cover it, continue to cook until the rice cooker automatically turn to “Keep Warm” mode. Leave it there for another 5 to 10 mins. Stir well and serve.
*the siew yok makes a difference . It add more fragrant and flovour to the rice.
*the roast pork can be substituted with marinated chicken.