This recipe was given to me by my sister in law. The muffins are very moist and taste superb. This is a keeper. Guarantee!!!
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate chips
7 ounces chopped pitted dates
1 1/4 cups water 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup superfine (castor) sugar
* Preheat oven to 180degrees C. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and chocolate in a bowl, and set aside.
* Bring the dates and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes, then pour into a blender and puree until smooth ,set aside.
* Cream 1/4 cup of butter together with the castor sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Fold in the flour mixture and the date puree until well blended. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
* Bake in the preheated oven for 20minutes.
* When the muffins have baked for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven, and cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the muffin tin.