I have came across these buns with seeds and goji berries in Taipei. It is very yummy and is full of healthy benefits too. It Is wholemeal and have goji berries, walnuts and seeds. As I mention before, goji berries are full of health benefits aside from it being good for eyesight. Walnuts and seeds are rich in which are important for immunity, cell growth , brain health , eyes and skin health.
All the goodness in one roll. Believe me, you will not stop at one. I have two version of this roll. The ingredients and methods are the same. One, I’ve steam it and the other I’ve put it in the oven to bake. Both are delicious.
5gm instant dry yeast
a little plain flour and sugar
500gm plain flour
50gm brown sugar
30 gm pumpkins seeds
30gm sunflower seeds
3tbsp goji berries ( soaked in water for 5minutes)
- Combine Ingreadients A and mix well. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix Ingreadients B ( except the butter) with the above and mix well. Add in butter and knead into a smooth dough. About 20 minutes.
- Add Ingreadients C and knead until combined.
- Cover dough with wet cloth or spray a little water on the surface and cover with cling wrapper. Rest for 15-20 minutes until it double up.
- Divide the dough into 20 portions, shape it round and put it on grease- proof paper.
- Put it in a steamer rack and rest for 40-50 minutes or until it double in size.
- Steam the paus for 12 minutes over high heat and serve hot.
For buns, the steps are all the same except that you don’t steam the bun but put it in a preheated (180*c)oven and bake it for 15minutes. 5 minutes before it is done, brush it with butter or egg white.
*natural coloring from the goji berries.