I just love cooking my cake in rice cooker. The texture of the cake is super soft and very moist. Furthermore is so easy and I do not need to monitor it at all. Best part the cake will never crack. I love it. I love it. I put it in my rice cooker, press bake and it will be done in 45 mins. So easy.
230gm butter ( room temperature )
130gm castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 egg yolk
200gm cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
75gm chocolate (melted)
A pinch of salt
4 eggs white
50gm castor sugar
1. Sift the cake flour, salt and baking powder . Set aside.
2. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and set aside. I’m using dark chocolate.
3. Cream the butter and castor sugar till light and fluffy with a mixer on medium. Then on low for a minute to set the texture.Add 1tsp vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Mix in egg yolk one at a time , beating well after each addition
5. Fold in half the sifted flour, followed by milk in 2 additions, then mix in balance flour.
6. Divide the mixture into 2 portions(2/3, 1/3)add cocoa powder to the lesser portion and mix well. Set both aside.
7. In another container, beat egg whites until soft peaks in low speed.gradually add 50g sugar and beat until stiff on high speed.
8. Divide the egg whites into 2 portions. Add 1 portion to the original batter and 1 portion to the cocoa batter. (For each portion, add in egg whites in 2 separate additions, mix in half first, then fold in the rest.)
9. Grease the rice pot with some butter.
10..Using a ladle , put half of the original batter into the rice pot. Making sure batter cover the whole bottom of the rice pot .Then 1/2 of the cocoa batter on top of the original batter. Swirl the top to create a spiral effect . Put the rest of the original batter in and next the chocolate and swirl it to create a spiral effect again.
11. Put the pot back to the rice cooker and press bake. In less than an hour, I’ve a beautiful marble butter cake.
12. When the cooker beeped. Remove the pot from the cooker. Let it cool for awhile before inverting the cake.
***Remember to grease the rice pot. The cake will slip out of the pot in a split second when you invert it. Use a plate to cover the top of the pot before you invert the cake. Do not use a knife to loosen the cake as you will risk damaging the non-stick surface of the rice pot.
***When the cake is steaming in the rice cooker, do not open and peep. Wait till the rice cooker beeped.
*** I should have tap the pot on a surface once or twice to release the big bubbles on my cake.